CAPACITOR DISCHARGE STUD WELDER
We are leading manufacturer and exporter of best quality Capacitor Discharge Stud Welder. These products are manufactured and designed using best quality components and latest technology as per International quality standards. Raw material procured from reliable vendors only. Our products are recognized for overload protection, multifunction modular construction, and reasonable prices. Capacitor Discharge Stud Welder is available in the various specification as per clients requirement.
Stud Welding is the process in which a metal fastener is applied by welding arc to another piece of metal. This process is high-speed metal fastening in which welding stud is placed in contact with base metal. A Weld arc melts the welding stud base and area of the metal workplace for metal fastening. The welding stud should be kept as it is till the metal re-solidify. This fusion process is completed in milliseconds.
There are two methods applicable for stud welding which are as follows:
- Capacitor Discharge Stud Welder.
- Arc Stud Welding.
Capacitor Discharge Stud Welder is usually known as CD Stud Welding. Stud Welding System contains a stud gun, power supply, and welding cable. Short welding time allows CD welding process to weld small diameter studs to a thin and lightweight material. This minimize heat built up and results in a weld with little discoloration, distortion, and burning. Therefore Capacitor Discharge Stud Welder process is popular where appearance is the main factor in product feature. This Capacitor Discharge Stud Welding process, used for welding stainless steel, mild steel, and aluminium studs. Specially designed projected stud on weld end, provides accurate welding time control with reliability and precise repeatability. In Capacitor Discharge Stud Welding unit, the guns are the small and lightweight which offers an individual setting for optimum weld quality.
Benefits of Capacitor Discharge Stud Welder:
- No reverse side marking.
- Can weld up to 2-8 mm diameter fasteners.
- 20 weld per minute can be done easily.
- Welding to thin and sheet metal grade material.
- 230/110V AC power supply is required.
- No reworking is necessary on other side of weld.
- Elimination of different operations such as riveting, drilling, no bolts, nuts, and washers etc.
- CD process allows stud welding of dissimilar metal.
- Possible to weld studs on components with access from one side.
- No additional material is required such as flux or inert gas.
- It allows welding of dissimilar metal as weld penetration is light so preventing metallurgical problems.
- This is a fast process with few assembly steps which achieves labour and fabrication saving.
- High integrity welds are achieved even on thin gauge material.
- Precise control and time offered by equipment results in reliability.
Capacitor Discharge Stud Welder method is used when
- Base material is thin.
- When small diameter stud welding (up to 8 mm) is required.
- When clean welds are required where appearance is a critical product feature.
- Only for studs with projection is required.
- When excellent aesthetics are required.
- Elevator panels.
- Insulation pin welding in boiler and shipbuilding.
- Supermarket display.
- Houseware, steel furniture.
- Electrical and electronic chassis.
- Control panels.
- Electrostatic precipitators.
- Cabinets and racks.
- Soundproof canopies.
- Model: SCD-08
- Mains Supply: 110/230v, 50Hz, 5Amp.
- Welding range: Diameter 2 to 8 mm.
- Welding material: Mild Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminium.
- Welding Time: 0.003 seconds.
- Weight : 18 kg.
- Protective Systems: IP23.
- Dimensions :420X300X275(LxWxH).
- Cooling: AF.
- Charging voltage:55-180v DC.
- Charging capacity: 66000 μ.
- Type: Contact.
- Standard Gun: CDP-01 stud welding gun.
- Welding cable :5 m highly flexible.